Monday, March 8, 2021

2021 say whaaaat?

Well I just would like to say, welcome to 2021 everyone who still reads this. I do apologize that I haven't updated it in such a looooong time. Quite honestly, I forgot about it and well decided to place more personal stuff that I am going through in my tumblr. So if you have one of those or were following me there before, then you have been up to date with my life than in this blog. I will keep the format the same in this blog and no I will not be linking my tumblr here. So if you it or know me and can find a way to get to it, then I bid you good luck on it. A lot has changed since my last post here and no I'm not saying because its a new year, but honestly a lot has changed and happened.

Weather

Since my last post, the weather was decent after. Your typical Texas weather of being hot and dusty were into play. Once we hit close to the New Year, we got the cold weather. Literally a day or two before the new year hit we got rain and cold winds. After the new year, we did get tons of mixed weather. We did get one Snow day here during a weekend and then it left. We accumulated about 6 inches of snow and that hasn't occurred since 2014 or so. I can't recall what the weather channel said, but it was coming down non-stop. Everyone had fun that weekend and making snowmen and snow angels and your typical snowball fights. The next round of snow came in February and it was nothing anyone was expecting, honestly. All of Texas was in a severe Snow Storm warnings and what came first was the sleet with rain. That made all of our roads be very dangerous and almost inaccessible. Then came the snow, a whole bunch of it on top of the already icy snow and sleet. In all technicality, Texas was shut down due to this weather. Everyone's power went out or flickered, to possibly return 3-4 days after or a whole week after, then on top of that many people's water was frozen and inaccessible and under a boiling water notice.

For our household we only experienced was our lights flickering in and out and being gone for more than 5+ hours and increasing that number every time it went out. We never experienced the water issues and we found ways to cook our food and now are trying to prepare in case it happens again by buying supplies and thinking outside the box for these types of situations. I believe that Ercot, the main company for our light source in all of Texas, is going to go through some changes. I believe some people were already fired due to this negligence we all experienced. I know for a fact when I was living in Illinois, we never had this issue occur. Maybe through thunderstorms we did, but that's a whole different story and situation. Alas, it only took us 4 days total to get "back to normal" regarding with this storm. Others weren't so lucky in a short time frame. Even after the storm was over, they had no electricity and no running water. This time I will we will be prepared since my husband hate not being prepared for situations like these. As of right now, we're in a Spring type weather and a couple of rain clouds here and there, but nothing to major like this we had. 

Photography

I definitely put this on pause since last year. I wasn't able to go anywhere nor take any other portrait sessions of anyone. I believe I did have one last year. It was for a family member wanting to have a Senior graduation session. Other than that I haven't been to any conventions or any other events due to Covid still on the rise with numbers. I'm not sure if I will pick this up again or if it'll simply be a hobby for me. I did wanted to expand my business with this hobby or at least my small business with this, but Covid just threw that out the window literally for me. I'll take some of small events or trips my husband and his family might do, but that might be all.

The Corner

So in my last post, I did mention that my husband and I moved into his mother's house. We were able to clean up the house with help, we were able to find a realtor to put our house in the marketplace for leasing and we did find tenants we liked. We did fire our first realtors we were with, company wise, due to fact that they weren't listening to a single word we were saying. So we found another company, got our house fixed and cleaned to their standards for leasing and got a family in there already since October or November. Somewhere in between those months; they moved in a day or so earlier than planned. They signed the lease for 2 years and we've been back in the neighborhood a couple of times to check in on it. Been through bumps on the road with it, but made it through and I miss it so. I did cry most of the times we stepped in it before they moved in, but it will not be sold... ever and that is a guarantee my husband gave me. I did mention that I was going through a depression of sorts in my last post and taking over the counter medicine that I found online. I do believe in fact that I do have PMDD from time to time and the pills that I was taking for it, I stopped taking them. I stopped due to the fact of not seeing any difference with being on them or not. I did start taking Brillia pills that help with anxiety and stress. I believe those pills worked better than the others, but I also did start taking my multivitamin pills daily along with vitamin d3. I figured out a dosage for the vitamin d3 that is working out for me and did start in the highest recommended dosage for Brillia, but then cut back on it as well within time. 

If you know me I don't like visiting doctors and such, but I told myself that this year, the new year, that I will be better with that and I have been. I went to see the dentist first and took care of some cavities I had. Then came the OBGYN for the yearly checkups there and all came fine, except of having Fibroids. I have decided to hold off on having any type of surgery for this until after July of this year - for personal reasons. I also got my eyes checked and all is good and went back to the prescription that I had when I first started wearing contacts, which threw me off completely with that, but its good news. I also got hired for a company I used to work for before and have been with them since August and its already been 6 months. I almost felt like quitting due to my anxiety being on the high rise and holidays coming up, but I didn't. I was doing all of my checkups purely because I was thinking of quitting my current job. It gave me anxiety due to so many rules and lines of businesses I still deal with currently, but I have learned to manage it all without my head exploding and my husband being on my side on whatever decision I made, to stay or quit. 

I decided to stay and in the department I'm currently in for a year. I thought to move departments as fast as I could once I hit my 6 month mark and find another department that's more fitting for me and asked to shadow other departments. They were informative, but I decided to stay where I'm at for a year and see how it goes. My supervisor always tells me that I'm doing a good job and I recently got a raise with a bonus. I learn new things every day with this company and department. I'm also taking classes my job offers me regarding with excel and any other program like it and I dont need to pay for them. The company pays for them. I need to figure out what other class I need to take while they're offering them. 

As for the property or land we bought, next to my mother-in-law's house, we have done a bunch of things to it. So far we have cut down a bunch of trees already and there was a storage building that was made and we knocked down most of it as well. We still need to haul a bunch of stuff that was inside the storage, so that's another project in itself. We still have more trees to knock down and deciding to buy a storage building to add to our land and move our items into it to save more money. We currently have our items in a storage place already. My husband wants that to happen soon, like in 2 months, but we need to clear out the land and time to do so. Maybe we can do that this coming weekend or so, who knows. I think so far I have updated this as much as I can here. Hopefully I don't forget to update this one and bring back some more interesting news.


No comments:

Post a Comment